Robotics class learns from local tech company

By Dominique Satterwhite, Reporter

New age robotics has changed the technological world into a more evolutionary enterprise. The Robotics field has opened up a whole new world for students to dive into and explore with the help of companies like Robotics Technology Park. RTP is a robotics company located in Tanner, AL directly across from Calhoun Community College. Recently they have come to our school to enlighten and provide students with a chance to get involved in new ground breaking equipment. “There were four manufacturing robots in the trailer that moved on their own. Two you could move yourself,” junior Will Keiser said. This kind of advanced knowledge provided by RTP gives students a chance to look ahead into the future and get a glimpse of inventions to come. Creations only thought possible in sci-fi movies have been brought to life in mechanical masterpieces. Interactive activities gave students hands- on experience with the machinery and a look into the production and manufacturing of products. “There is a high demand for these jobs right now, so they’re trying to show people these 21st century skills,” Rachael Simons said. Technology is an ever-changing field that continues to evolve and grow. RTP provides community outreach with their industrial truck, which gives more opportunities to publicize job development in the robotics field. The company uses a truck with many educational robots on it get students more aware of the advancements in their field. “The truck is an industrial robotics truck and automation station. RTP trains students or individuals for job specifics in automation and robotics,” Simons said.