Photo Credit: photo courtesy of Tess Warren

Remind Keeps Students Updated With Bus Changes

October 17, 2022

This year bus riders must make the change from Remind to Powerschool in order to get daily bus changes information. 

According to assistant principal Jennifer Gray, the switch was a cost-saving one. The school had to pay $2500 per year for the Remind app and PowerSchool is free. Gray says she feels the switch is going well. 

“I feel like using Powerschool is a little bit more effective and reaches more people,” Gray said. “ A lot of students didn’t know that they needed to sign up for Remind. As long as they have their email on file in the guidance office, they receive the emails.”

Through Powerschool, all students will receive an email in the morning and in the afternoon. If there are changes, and there often are, students receive that updated email. 

“It can be hard to switch to something you aren’t used to but we’re all trying and we think it will be better with the emails,” Olivia McDaniel said.

Students, though, are still getting used to getting the updates via email. One of the struggles has been that students are not accustomed to checking their emails. 

“I never really know when the emails come out, so I am not sure when to check it,” Luke Collins said. “One day, I didn’t check my email and my bus was 30 minutes late. I was waiting outside.”

Due to the shortage of bus drivers and the complications that come along that, changes to the bus schedule are happening more frequently. Gray’s advice for students,

“When you get to college students will have to get used to using and checking their email and we send out the emails at the same time everyday so you could set an alarm to check your emails to get you more into the move of checking for them,” Gray said.