Delivering+a+lesson+on+conservation%2C+Mrs.+Ginny+Conquest+questions+her+second+period+class.+

Photo Credit: Madison Duboise

Delivering a lesson on conservation, Mrs. Ginny Conquest questions her second period class.

Q&A: After 29 Years, Science Teacher Looks Forward to Retirement

CC: What did you teach and how many years have you been teaching?

Conquest: I have taught Science at SHS for 29 years. For most of those years, I taught Zoology.

CC: What positive/negative experiences have you had while teaching?

Conquest: I have so enjoyed teaching. We identified trees, wildflowers, went bird watching, did a nature scavenger hunt, caught frogs and snakes. It really makes it all real.

CC: Did you have any personal goals as a teacher? If so, what were they and how did you achieve them?

Conquest: One of my most important goals was always to make learning fun!

CC: What have been your favorite memories?

Conquest: I have so many great memories over the years. I really enjoyed the outdoor classroom and seeing my students enjoy the outdoors.CC: What fascinated you about becoming a science teacher? Please explain.

CC: What knowledge did you gain from teaching? Were you able to apply the concept to everyday life?

Conquest: One thing I learned quickly was if you treat students nice and show you care, they respect you. I never had many discipline issues.

CC: What do you look forward to as you begin your retirement? Is there anything specific you hope to do sometime in the future?

Conquest: I am going to miss teaching, it has been a great ride,  but it is time for something new. What am I going to do? I don’t know yet, but I will figure it out. I have worked since I was 16. I do not see myself sitting at home. Stay tuned.