Senior Sponsors Fitness Company, Personal Trainer Certificate to Come

January 17, 2017

Senior Spencer Rosenthal was recommended to WTF (Witness The Fitness) sponsorship by his managers at his gym. They thought Rosenthal was the right match. But it wasn’t that easy .He had to apply for their sponsorship by writing a convincing essay.

“I had to write an essay to explain why I work out. My goals as a person. Goals for fitness. Why I wanted to start fitness. What I plan to do with this. Why I wanted a sponsorship, and how I am becoming a personal trainer. I had to send my measurements (for an example) my arm size. A bunch of pictures of myself. And I got it,” Rosenthal said

Witness The Fitness is a clothing company in the United Kingdom. They send Rosenthal free clothing attire like T-shirts, pants, shorts, lanyards, hats, and tank tops. He wears it to post twice a week in and promotes their products. In return he get paid. He also gets free discount codes to give to people and gets commission off those sales as well. He has been with them two weeks now and plans to continue his agreement with them in the future. This particular sponsorship is only the beginning.

“Sponsorships lead to bigger stuff. Most people start out by getting smaller sponsorships and they work their way up. The more you do it, the more likely you will be to get bigger sponsorships and more money. Let’s say I have this account where I post a lot of pictures and another account sees it — and they contact me. Like pro-football teams they draft who they like, except this is on social media,” Rosenthal said.

Not only does Rosenthal look for publicity in sponsorship, but also how the clothing and brands of the company looks. He doesn’t currently have a separate Instagram account for it, but one will be up in the future. While that awaits, he has future plans dealing with working out. He is going to college for biochemistry and kinesiology to learn more about the body and its relationship with exercise. Rosenthal’s inspiration for working out was his childhood.

“I was a fat and bored four years ago, but two years ago was the semi-fat where you do not want to go outside without a shirt on. I was bullied. I was a little fat and bullied kid. So I was like yeah, I will start working out. So I did,” Rosenthal said.

Junior Nadia Cox is one of Rosenthal’s close friends. She mentions how he is very passionate about working out and bodybuilding. She thinks that this sponsorship is completely right for him.

“It’s inspiring how devoted he is to living this healthy life style. Normally, Spencer has a lot of trouble keeping a simple conversation serious, no matter what it’s about, but when I worked out with him he got serious and really made me put in some work. I loved working out with him because I got to see him doing his favorite thing,” Cox said.

Rosenthal believes the best part about everything is getting paid for just doing what he loves. He loves is so much, he is working towards being a personal trainer. He will get his official certificate in three months.

“I wanted to be a personal trainer because I love helping people and I know what it’s like to feel like you’re lost and like you don’t know how to improve yourself. It’s nice to be able to reach out a helping hand,” Rosenthal said.