Coleman Talks College Football

With the new college football season starting Sept.1, eager fans are lining up to watch their favorite teams play for the highest prize. This season gives fans the ability to set high expectations for their teams before seeing them hit the field this week. 

Week 1 opens for the top 25 teams on Thursday, Sept.1 with Central Michigan traveling to Boone Pickens Stadium to face the #12 Oklahoma State. The Cowboys aim to beat their state rival Oklahoma Sooners and the reigning Big 12 champion Baylor Bears to their first conference championship since 2011.

The No. 1 ranked Alabama Crimson Tide begin their season at home against unranked Utah State. The Nick Saban led Crimson Tide are expected to be national championship contenders after their 33-18 loss to the Georgia Bulldogs in the 2022 National Championship game. 

Top 3 Games to Watch for Week 1

• #2 Ohio State Buckeyes vs. #5 Notre Dame Fighting Irish

The #2 ranked Ohio State Buckeyes welcome #5 Notre Dame to Ohio Stadium in their opening game of the season where they are placed alongside #1 Alabama as the most likely to win the national championship this year. Notre Dame, led by new head coach Marcus Freeman, aims to upset these expectations and pave their way to another playoff appearance.

• #3 Georgia Bulldogs vs. #11 Oregon Ducks

Reigning national champions Georgia Bulldogs host the Oregon Ducks at Mercedes-Benz Stadium at 2:30 p.m. in the Chick-fil-a Kickoff game. Former Georgia Defensive Coordinator Dan Lenning leads the Oregon Ducks against his former team without a starting quarterback named with former Auburn quarterback Bo Nix among the possible starters.

• #19 Arkansas Razorbacks vs. #23 Cincinnati Bearcats

The #23 Cincinnati Bearcats travel to Razorback Stadium to face the #19 Arkansas Razorbacks. The Bearcats start their season with an SEC West opponent in the Arkansas Razorbacks after becoming the first Power 5 school to appear in the College Football Playoffs the previous year.