As 2021 draws to a close, we can only hope for the best for 2022

Photo Credit: Free Domain Image

Student Predicts Political Outcomes of 2022

With the start of the new year, it is time once again to make a slew of predictions concerning the political world and the state of our nation as we move through the new year. I have a large number of predictions for the year instead of going through them all because we would be here all day with that, I will outline three of the most likely predictions to happen in 2022.

With it being an election year one of the biggest things that will occur this year is Republicans will take back the House and the Senate. This is not an outrageous idea, it is something that is incredibly plausible with how past trends are in midterm election years and with just the state of the nation right now. Republicans have been trying extra hard this year to go out and chase the vote. Democrats on the other hand have done a lackluster job at building up support on the federal government level. Candidates running in state and local elections that are Democrats have done a better job in this “get out and get the vote” mentality. Following the numbers, it is very clear that Republicans are going to sweep this midterm season and regain the ground they have been losing over the past four years.

Another prediction I have is this will be the last year of the pandemic. Now at our current state, it does not look like this year will be the last year of the pandemic. Statistically in the past, though, pandemics only last about three years at a time, and this happens to be the third year of the pandemic which I know can be hard to believe. It feels like the pandemic has been going on my whole entire life, and even with these new variants, spiking cases and vaccination slowing down. With these hardships knocking down our doors, Americans will still see this be the last year of the pandemic.

My closing political prediction for this year will be that inflation is here to stay for a while. Inflation has been on the rise since the start of 2021 last year. It is already hitting 7% and climbing every day. With these numbers hitting these record highs and the current drive of our country’s current economy, the high inflation we are facing is something that will be here to stay for at least two-plus years.