Sparkman 9th grade school vending machine fully stocked

Freshman experience problems with vending machines

As one of the freshmen who crosses the street for classes offered only here at Sparkman, it has been quite an adventure discovering the different parts of the giant building that stands under the colors of crimson and white.

At first, I was thrilled to discover the amazing differences between the schools. It had initially been fun to compare the things that Sparkman Nine and the high school had in common. I mentally marvelled at the beautiful front entrances, the shiny red lockers — which were more eye- catching to me as a previous student of Sparkman Middle who was accustomed to the brilliant blue — and the bold logos placed around the corridors that radiated with Sparkman pride. However, of all differences between both schools, there was one I could not fail to notice — the vending machines.

High school vending machine that hasn't been refilled
High school vending machine that hasn’t been refilled

At Sparkman Middle, students did not have any snack varieties to choose from as there were no machines to vend from in the first place. I believe this is the very reason I was drawn to admire the large glass displays with delectable goodies in a state of delight and I was not the only one who found the vending machines scattered throughout Sparkman Nine to be an awesome addition to school. During break period, many freshmen quickly organized themselves into short lines. Hands frantically search pockets for extra change and it is a common thing to ask one’s acquaintance to borrow funds in order to choose from the varieties of snacks offered.

As a result of my sweet tooth and for a fun and quick comparison, I had merely glanced at a vending machine in Sparkman when I was stopped dead in my tracks by the sight that I saw through the glass. Columns of different assortments seemed to sparkle before my eyes. Cocoa Puff bars, packets of mixtures of nuts, Special K bars and plenty of other new snacks I had never seen before at Sparkman Nine.

It was then that I started to further research my assumption, returning to Sparkman Nine only for my hypothesis to be confirmed by the difference I saw there. While it is true that some snack options for students from both Sparkman High School and Sparkman Nine were offered at vending machines in both locations, the offered options between the two schools appeared to be more evident than the few similarities the vending machines had in common.

Why should Sparkman give its students more options to chose from when Sparkman Nine students are also an equal part of the student body? This was the question that formed from my observations. Sparkman Nine students are the high school’s future generation. If the students at the high school are given better benefits and options of snack choices, does that mean the freshmen of Sparkman Nine are not considered full high school students even though we are the freshmen of the high school?
  It may simply because the school year is still in the process of getting organized and properly arranged. New snacks may be yet to come for our school as the year progresses further and the high school’s vending machine options may soon be arranged in the neat rows in vending machines at Sparkman Nine. However, only time can tell if a change for equal goodies will soon occur.