Photo Credit: Blair Williams

Q&A: New Assistant Principal

“Sparked” by the accomplishments and achievements obtained under principal Chris Shaw’s leadership, the new assistant principal, Fatina Jackson, took interest in her new position here at the high school. Previously working as a special education facilitator at Johnnie Carr Middle School in Montgomery, as well as having three years classified and over 13 years certified in education, she was chosen specifically for this position of leadership. Below are a few get-to-know-you questions answered by Jackson.

Crimson Crier: What are your five favorite foods, with your most favorite first?

Fatina Jackson: I absolutely love food.  Anything in the pasta family, salmon, rice, bacon and salad.

CC: What are some of your favorite pastimes?

FJ: A couple of my favorite pastimes would be every minute spent with my mother & father inlaw who are both deceased. Life before the family would be hanging out with friends and shopping.

CC: How many states have you traveled to? 

FJ: I have traveled to seven states. 

CC: Where have you been for vacation? What was your favorite? 

FJ: I have been to New York City for vacation. My favorite experience was my moment of fame on Good Morning America and having been recognized in the audience by Al Roker to be seen by the world.

CC: What’s your favorite color?

FJ: My favorite color is black

CC: Do you have any pets? If so, what are they?

FJ: No, we do not have any pets.

CC: List your five favorite restaurants, the first being your favorite and so forth.  

FJ: My favorite restaurants are JALEXANDER’S, PF Chang’s, Chick-Fil-A, McDonald’s and Krystal.

CC: Do you enjoy reading? What is a book you recommend? 

FJ: I do enjoy reading. I would recommend reading the “Bible” King James or New King James Version.

CC: Please give life advice to students.

FJ: As a mother and an educator,  the life advice l give to students today is, “Listen and adhere to the teachings and wisdom of those who are instructing and guiding you toward excellence.”

CC: What was your favorite high school memory?

FJ: My favorite high school memory was the pure friendships that brought laughter during tough times.

CC: What goals do you wish to achieve as assistant principal?

FJ: My primary goal as an assistant principal at Sparkman High is to work jointly with all stakeholders to invest what l call “SKIT” (Support, Knowledge, Interest and Time) into each student’s educational program that will prepare them for life beyond high school.