Teens for Troops to Host Virtual Run

October 13, 2021

When senior Abby Judge suggested a virtual run/walk to fundraise for local veterans, Teens for Troops sponsor Erin Coggins was on board. This will be the first fundraiser the group has hosted.

“It feels great that my club is able to start something new and I hope it lasts for a long time,” Judge said.

Anyone and everyone can participate in this fundraiser due to it being virtual. Participants can register online on MySchoolFees under the title history club. Those who register before Oct. 20 will receive a T-shirt with the registration cost of $25. Participants will then pick up their packet in the school parking lot on Oct. 30 where instructions on how to log time will be provided.

The fundraiser is focused on bringing attention to veterans and what they go through while deployed and returning home. The walk/run will take place the entire month of November.

“November is a good month to do this while people are already focused on honoring veterans,” Coggins said. “This gives us the opportunity to raise money for a local veterans’ organization. The students chose Still Serving Veterans, a non-profit that helps veterans and their families with VA benefits, finding jobs and other things that help them re-acclimate after serving.”