Yearbook Order Day

January 17, 2017

The first ever Yearbook Order Day is being held to make ordering more convenient for the student body. The current process of buying a yearbook is not oriented towards students’ schedules. They do not have the time to leave their classes to purchase a yearbook or go between classes. They are sold a week before school begins at Orientation on My School Fees all year and with yearbook advisor, Erin Coggins, in her classroom.

“Our goal is to sell at least 750 books,” Coggins said. “And to make ordering more accessible and fun for the students.”

The Senator staff will be selling yearbooks on Jan. 19 on the stage in the cafeteria with balloons and candy. They are holding a “Guess the Amount of Candy in the Jar” contest. Whoever guesses correctly will be rewarded the jar. This process, while make selling easier for the staff, will also attracting more students to buy at the same time. The more students at the table means more students buying a yearbook.

“What students do not realize is that yearbooks are meant to be read 15 to 20 years later,” Coggins said. “It can prepare you for a reunion, and 80 dollars for a book is priceless 20 years from now.”

This year, with a new company, the staff is highly dedicated to making this issue the best they have done, “Underneath It All”. They have been working on it since 

“We have worked to show the surface but it digs a little deeper,” Coggins said. “It shows the student’s roots.”