The Crimson Crier

The Crimson Crier

The Crimson Crier

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

A Rollercoaster Ride of Unnecessary Twists and Turns

A Rollercoaster Ride of Unnecessary Twists and “Leave The World Behind”: Netflix Movie Review
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Netflix
Poster for Leave the World Behind

A family, two strangers, supposedly hackers and a nationwide blackout.

“Leave the world behind” was released at the perfect time. 

The film shows how, in times of chaos, people will turn on each other, how the world relies on far too much technology and how, when animals start moving around in unusual ways, we should probably take it as a sign that something is about to go wrong.

The movie was strange yet weirdly fascinating enough to keep me engaged, so strange that I saw it three times in one week.

“Leave the world behind” is like witnessing how the world might end one day and how nobody is prepared except those apocalypse people who have been preparing for years.

The story is told through the character, Amanda Sandford. Sandford plans an impromptu weekend at a vacation property in order to spend quality time with her family. She and her husband Clay drive to Long Island with their teenage son Archie and their daughter Rose.

The affluent owner, George H. (“G.H.”) Scott and his daughter Ruth unexpectedly disturb the Sandfords’ vacation that night. G.H., seeking refuge, reveals that their return was forced by a blackout in Manhattan. Amanda is skeptical. Clay extends an invitation to them to remain.

Although Amanda really thinks that George and Ruth are the help for the real homeowners, it turns out that Amanda was mistaken. The house belongs to George and because of the hostility against them the tension between Ruth and Amanda was over the charts, which only worsened when Ruth eventually called her racist. 

Besides the overuse of weird racism tension, the plot was all over the place. The movie was good and bad but it is definitely a movie you watch repeatedly.