Photo Credit: Briana Green

New Restaurant Proves It Is More Than Just Good Food

The Social Stranded Market is one of the new restaurants located in downtown Huntsville. opened for only a year, the business has done amazingly well within the past year.

The social stranded market is not only a restaurant but also a store where they sell items such as spices, hot sauces and frozen food items. But not only does the social stranded market sell food, they also sell decor and on top of that they also offer dog treats that people can buy for their pets. 

The environment inside the building is very calm and relaxing. The decor is mostly warm colors like orange, brown, and black. And Instead of just having tables, and booths like any other restaurant they also have a lounging area where you can sit and read and enjoy your food. Being that the stranded market is located downtown, means that the restaurant will become packed very quickly, But the staff is very friendly and good at taking care of their customers and making sure that their food comes as quickly as possible. 

The menu has a wide variety of options, for breakfast, lunch, brunch, and dinner. 

Some of the breakfast items are biscuits and gravy, steak and eggs, avocado toast and breakfast sandwiches or burritos. I got the burrito royale and it is filled with steak and eggs. The brunch menu is a mix of the breakfast menu and the lunch menu so on top of the choices the customers already have with the breakfast menu they also are able to pick from the lunch menu. The lunch menu offers grilled fish and chicken items like shrimp and grits, Chile-Crusted Salmon and rice and a grilled chicken salad. They also have sandwiches including pastrami on rye bread, blackened pork belly BLT, and burgers. On the burger options they have a beef burger option or a veggie burger option. Along with the entrees, you can get a side. Some of their sides are fries or sweet potato fries, seasonal fruit or salad. All sides are $4 but if you want a side of soup or fried pickles it’s a 2 dollar upcharge. The dinner menu is different every week. On Tuesday it’s pasta, on Wednesday it’s pork chops, on Thursday it’s Pot roast, on Friday its fish, and on Saturday it’s steak. On any day of the week, you can order items such as grilled cheese and soup and Bacon chicken ranch flatbread

If you’re the type of person who likes to order dessert after your meal then you are in luck because The Social Stranded Market has a bakery case filled with items such as cookies, sliced cakes, brownies, pies and stroll. 

The Social Stranded Market is definitely a unique restaurant so if you are a person who enjoys venturing out and trying new things then The Social Stranded Market is the right restaurant for you.