Photo Credit: Bria Howard

Restaurant’s Wood-Fired Food Lights Up Taste Buds

Opening its doors here in Madison at the beginning of the year, Five-star restaurant J. Alexander’s has been a hot spot for dinner with friends and family. 

The wood-fired food and quality dining experience is sure to draw in diners such as myself. I had just recently stopped by with some family members and wanted to share the experience.

A little after we were seated, a plate of fried gulf shrimp arrived at our table, with dipping sauces such as honey dijon and cocktail sauce. Along with that arrived spinach con queso accompanied by salty tortilla chips. I already felt like it was a great start.

After the delicious starters, it was time to order the main course. It took me a while to choose, but after long consideration, I chose Raffaele’s old-world lasagna. The lasagna came drenched in bright red marinara sauce and included ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. On the side was a small mixed salad and extra crunchy garlic bread. It was delicious.

After we ate such a great meal, they called us back for seconds, offering dessert. My family ordered the whole dessert menu which included, key lime pie, carrot cake and their “Very Best” chocolate cake.

The atmosphere of the restaurant was relaxing due to the dim lighting, however, the one downside is that it can get quite loud in there but the restaurant can not help the fact that their food strikes immersive conversations.

For me personally, I give this restaurant a nine out of 10 and I would go again. I also recommend this restaurant to anyone that wants to have a nice outing with family or friends.