Photo Credit: Graphic by Saylor Cuzzort

TOP TEN: Healthy Foods For Athletes

Pasta

Pasta is one of the best foods to eat before a game because it is easily digested, can give you quick energy, slowly let the energy go, has a lot of carbohydrates that are healthy, and has carbs with a source that is effective, that is why you need noodles because the carbs in it are needed to give you more energy before game night.

Rice 

Rice is a good source because there are certain nutrients in the digestible carbs, the carbs also have muscle energy which is glycogen that stocks up your muscles, and within 30 minutes there are special fluids that are important, and also known as rich food of carbohydrates.

Bread

Bread provides plenty of nutrition, carbs, whole grains, protein, vitamins, minerals, and fibre. This is all stuff needed for the human body and can help before a game, even though it takes longer to digest it’s still a great source to eat because it is low in fat and cholesterol.

Apples

Apples are good fruits to eat because they digest fast so they shouldn’t upset your stomach, also the carbs and energy can help fuel the brain before a game.

Bananas

Bananas provide benefits for your heart, nerves, muscles, kidneys and skeleton.

They have nutrients that are rich in potassium and carbs, easy to digest, and could possibly prevent muscle cramps.

Berries

Berries are one of the healthiest sources, they have vitamin C and fibre and are low in calories which can help with many things like certain stress, cholesterol, and can lower blood pressure.

Broccoli

Broccoli contains sources of fibre, protein, iron, potassium, calcium, selenium, magnesium, and vitamins  A, C, E, K, and B which also has certain acid. But you do not want to eat too much broccoli because it can have side effects, other than that it is pretty healthy and ok to eat.

Zucchini

Zucchini can help with varieties of things, such as lower your risks of heart disease and help support your bones. Zucchini also has plenty of fibre which has an important part in the digestive system. Adding this to your list would be a great idea for help.

Oranges

Oranges are a great source of energy because they can help with dehydration by providing certain juice that also has vitamin C and can help with fatigue.

Oatmeal

Oatmeal is a good breakfast before sports because it’s always great to start the day with something that has whole-wheat bread, proteins with eggs, yogurt or milk, these all contain carbs which are needed in your daily diet.