Photo Credit: google images

Little Women Proves To Be A Must See

Little Women has always been an American classic, first being released as a novel in 1868, and later being adapted into many different films, the most popular of which premiering in 1949 and 1994. Recently, however, a new adaptation was released starring Saoirse Ronan as Jo, Emma Watson as Meg, Florence Pugh as Amy and many more. Running at a staggering two hours and 15 minutes, the movie was slightly long, but beautiful nonetheless.

The movie is formatted by cutting between things happening in the past and things happening presently. This, in itself, sets the movie apart from other Little Women films and, I believe, aided in clear character development and eagerness to continue watching. The casting was perfect; each actor/actress perfectly understood and committed to their role, leaving the viewer completely enticed by the film.

Not only was the acting and filming lovely, but the hard-hitting themes portrayed in the film leave a lasting impact. The movie focuses on sacrifice, morality, poverty and above all, the importance of family. The ideas of the film, aligned with the troubling yet relatable storyline set the stage for an unforgettable and moving film.

Though the movie proves to be an emotional rollercoaster, it is a charming and insightful rendition of a classic story that I would highly recommend seeing.