AP Exam Schedule

Week One

Monday, May 2

• Morning 8 a.m.: Chemistry and Environmental Science
  • Afternoon 12 p.m.: Psychology

Tuesday, May 3

• Morning 8 a.m.: Computer Science A and Spanish Language and Culture
  • Afternoon 12 p.m.: Art History and Physics 1: Algebra-Based

Wednesday, May 4

• Morning 8 a.m.: English Literature and Composition
  • Afternoon 12 p.m.: Japanese Literature and Culture and Physics 2: Algebra-Based

Thursday, May 5

• Morning 8 a.m.: Calculus AB and Calculus BC
  • Afternoon 12 p.m.: Chinese Language and Culture and Seminar

Friday, May 6

• Morning 8 a.m.: German Language and Culture and United States History
  • Afternoon 12 p.m.: European History

Week Two

Monday, May 9

• Morning 8 a.m.: Biology and Music Theory
  • Afternoon 12 p.m.: Physics C: Mechanics
  • Afternoon 2 p.m.: Physics C:Electricity and Magnetism

Tuesday, May 10

• Morning 8 a.m.: United States Government and Politics
  • Afternoon 12 p.m.: French Language and Culture and Spanish Literature and Culture

Wednesday, May 11

• Afternoon 12 p.m.: Italian Language and Culture and Macroeconomics

Thursday, May 12

• Morning 8 a.m.: Comparative Government and Politics and World History
  • Afternoon 12 p.m.: Statistics

Friday, May 13

• Morning 8 a.m.: Human Geography and Microeconomics
  • Afternoon 12 p.m.: Latin

It’s that time of the year packed with late night studying, cram sessions and many cups of coffee. AP exams are quickly approaching and here are some tips to help you ace your exams.

1. Prepare Early

Preparing early will help you relieve yourself from stress when the exams begin to approach. It’s important to take the time out of the day and review your notes and do your homework throughout the year, even studying before bed can help you retain information better. Pacing yourself while studying is more effective and you don’t have to worry about the cramming. The information will most likely be more retained in your mind and you will be more confident about the exam.

1. Finding Resources

Websites such as College Board offer many practice exams questions to help you get an idea of what will be on the exam. You also have the option of buying an AP preparatory book to help you. More study sites such as Quizlet can help you retrieve notes on your cellular device so you can study anywhere you go.

1. Practice Writing More Timely

According to Halle Edwards, writer for Prepschool.org, she states, ““Being able to write quickly and fluently is very important, but also make sure your free response answers have a clear thesis statement and are clearly organized, so that the grader can easily follow your argument.” If you made a mistake, don’t worry about erasing the information just cross it out and keep going; that method will help you save more time.  Edwards believes practicing writing with a set limit time will help you be more prepared for the exam.

1. Getting Quality Sleep and Eating Breakfast

Days before the exam, it’s important to get quality sleep to help yourself function and not be tired and also, it will help you retain your sleep pattern. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, even if you don’t normally eat breakfast, it’s crucial to eat something in your mouth before the exam. Eat a well-balanced breakfast filled with nutrients so your brain can get energy and improve your metal alertness.

1. Be Motivated

Remember that your exams are very important. It’s crucial that you do the best you can do and not settle for less. Procrastination is an easy thing to be caught up in but remain focused and encourage yourself to work hard and do your best.  In the end, you will be proud of yourself.