Photo courtesy of www.austinadventures.com

Four Unique Vacations for the Family

Is your family bored with the stale, boring beach vacations that are all the same? The Crimson Crier has the solution.

One possible family trip that does more than show you plain, white beaches is the Craters of the Moon National Monument and Preserve in Idaho. Caused by a vast sea of lava that has since cooled, the rough and sharp-edged landscape offers a unique experience that will be discussed at family reunions and dinners for years to come. The landscape offers amazing hiking and picture opportunities on the barren and moon like surface.

Another odd destination would be the Jules Undersea Lodge where you can, quite literally, sleep with the fishes. Located in Key Largo Florida, you sleep underwater in a glass room where you can see the indigenous fish species swimming around while you sleep. You do however have to scuba dive to get to your aquatic quarters. This would be an excellent way to spice up an otherwise bland beach vacation.

If you are willing to travel a ways and are not afraid of heights then the Free Spirit spheres in Qualicom Beach, Canada are just for you. Have you ever built or been in a tree house before? Just imagine that feeling, except that these “houses” are spherical and are hanging from the trees. These swinging quarters are the perfect accommodations for the brave, curious family looking for a memorable experience.

Another break for the family could be Skirmish Paintball’s Invasion of Normandy. Held on July 8-10 in Albrightsfield, Pennsylvania, this recreation of the Invasion of Normandy draws thousands of people every year. Potential players are allowed to pick a side and then wither charge the beaches with their teammates or await the Allied push. This family friendly event will provide your family with bragging rights and an experience that you will never forget.