Photo Credit: Kendall Cope

Seniors Explore New Locally Owned Business

Located on Jeff Road across from Monrovia Elementary, locally owned Tastee’s opened its doors in December. 

The restaurant offers a variety of warm and cold sandwiches, hot dogs, coffee, milkshakes and ice cream. Each sandwich is offered in sizes of three inches, six inches or a footlong. They also offer customers the opportunity to make any sub a wrap for those seeking to avoid bread. 

Tastee’s features coffee flavors such as white chocolate mocha and butter toffee. 

I was also surprised with the large array of ice cream and milkshake flavors including but not limited to butter pecan, moose trax, caramel pie and birthday cake. These flavors all come in sizes of medium, large and “why not” sizes. 

Although the restaurant itself is not that large, there were several tables to choose from and seating was comfortable, especially with little crowd. My favorite feature was the presence of a drive thru. The drive thru makes it convenient to grab a sandwich or coffee without having to go to a franchise such as Subway or Starbucks.

Since the restaurant opens in the morning, coffee is offered along with bagels and croissants to satisfy breakfast cravings. Prices for the sandwiches ranged from $8 to $13 for a six inch, $3 to $5 for ice cream, $5 to $9 for milkshakes and $2 to $5 for coffee.

After carefully deciding, I went with ordering the six inch “Tastee Licious” which featured chicken, spinach, peppers, provolone cheese and “Tastee sauce.” I thought my sub was incredibly good, but I did wish it had more sauce to bring it to the next level. Next time, I will make sure to ask for extra sauce to enhance my sandwich. 

Although I am not an avid coffee drinker, I ended up trying the iced white chocolate mocha latte which came in an ombre color from white at the bottom to tan at the top. I thoroughly enjoyed the sweetness and chocolate flavor of the coffee and I had to take advantage of the unique flavor I have only found at franchises. 

It seemed that the employees were personable and worked efficiently to make sure sandwiches got to customers as soon as possible. Tastee’s is open on Mondays to Fridays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. with Saturdays being from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.. I think Tastee’s is the ideal restaurant for a quick lunch date or perfect for a convenient afternoon pick me up, so head on over to support this local business.