Junior+Autumn+Gollop+enjoys+the+cool+weather+while+visiting%0ANoccaluoa+Falls+Park+and+Campground.+

Photo Credit: Trinity Thomas

Junior Autumn Gollop enjoys the cool weather while visiting Noccaluoa Falls Park and Campground.

Fall Is The Perfect Release From The Heat

September 29, 2022

We live in an area where the 90–95 degree weather is accompanied by high humidity. Being outside at all is miserable, unless you’re sitting perfectly still in the shade, with a cold drink in hand.

I’m a ginger, so I have to avoid the sun at all times to avoid skin cancer, which runs in my family. Along with the humidity, there’s the sticky feeling of sweat, paired with sunscreen. Then add in insect repellent at night, and your skin constantly feels all oily and caked. I wear makeup and false lashes as well, and the sun makes it just come right off. 

Autumn, though,  has absolutely no flaws. Trees that were once green explode into beautiful hues of gold, red and orange. Pumpkin flavors can be found everywhere in Autumn

— Autumn Gollop

As terrible as Summer is, Winter isn’t any better. When I wake up in the morning during winter, tears come to my eyes as I shiver to put my clothes on. The reduced level of sunlight in fall and winter may cause winter-onset SAD (seasonal depression). This decrease in sunlight may disrupt your body’s internal clock and lead to feelings of depression. 

Autumn, though,  has absolutely no flaws. Trees that were once green explode into beautiful hues of gold, red and orange. Pumpkin flavors can be found everywhere in Autumn, particularly in traditional favorites like pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread, and in more modern treats like pumpkin-spiced teas and coffees. After months of blasting the air conditioning, the beginning of Autumn often ushers in cooler breezes that allow you to finally keep the windows open.

It’s also the perfect weather for a bath- you won’t get out of the water feeling too hot or freezing cold. It’s also a great time to go camping or fishing or take a road trip. Autumn is a beautiful season, but it’s not as beautiful as the real Autumn…Autumn Gollop.