Top 10 Riddles For Spooky Season

Top 10 Riddles For Spooky Season

1.   Two girls ate dinner together. They both ordered iced tea. One girl drank them very fast and had finished five in the time it took the other to drink just one. The girl who drank one died while the other survived. All of the drinks were poisoned. Why?
  • Answer: The poison was in the ice.

1.     The person who built it sold it. The person who bought it never used it. The person who used it never saw it. What is it?
  • Answer: A coffin. 

1.   A man was driving with his son in his car. They got into an accident and were in critical condition. Two ambulances from two different hospitals arrive. The man was taken to one hospital and his son to a different one. The doctor walks into the operating room, looks at the little boy, and says, “I can’t operate on this boy. He is my son.” How can this be?
  • Answer: The doctor is the boy’s mom.

1.   If you see one flying around, you’d better be careful at night, as some turn into vampires and will give your neck a big bite. What are they?
  • Answer: Bats. 

1.   Two men are walking in a graveyard. The first man walks to a grave. The second man says, “Who is in that grave?” The first man points to the grave and says, “Brothers and sisters I have none. But that man’s father is my father’s son.” Who is in the grave?
  • Answer: “That man’s father is my father’s son” refers to the speaker. Since he’s pointing to the grave, it means he’s in the grave.

1.     In a hotel, a man was sleeping when he heard a knock on the door. He shifted the blanket and stepped down from the bed. He walked to the door and opened it to find a stranger standing outside. Upon opening the gate, that stranger said, “Pardon me, I must have made a mistake. I thought this was my room.” The stranger then walked the corridor and climbed down the stairs. The man closed the door and immediately called the security. He asked them to arrest that stranger immediately. Why did he ask them to arrest that stranger? What made him suspicious?
  • Answer: The stranger said that he thought the room was his. If so, he would have had the keys to the room and thus he not have knocked.

1.     I’m tall when I’m young, I’m short when I’m old, and every Halloween, I stand up inside Jack O’Lanterns. What am I?
  • Answer: A candle. 

1.     A zombie, a mummy, and a ghost bought a house. It has all of the usual rooms except for one. What room won’t you find?
  • Answer: The living room. 

1.     Mrs. Witherspoon was killed Sunday afternoon. Mr. Witherspoon was in the shower. The maid was folding clothes for Mrs. Witherspoon. The chef was cooking breakfast. The gardener was planting vegetables. Who killed Mrs. Witherspoon Sunday afternoon?
  • Answer: The chef. The chef was making breakfast in the afternoon. That’s when Mrs. Witherspoon died that afternoon.

1.     How do you fix a jack-o-lantern?
  • Answer: With a pumpkin patch.