Top 10 College Football Matchups to Catch on Tv

1. No.14 Stanford at No.4 Southern California (Sept. 9)

This game will be Sam Darnold’s first true test against a top opponent in the Pac-12. This will also show if USC has improved over last season and whether they will be moving on to bigger things for the first time since the Pete Carroll era. The Cardinals could make a huge jump in the rankings if they were to escape Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum with a win.

1. No.12 Auburn at No.5 Clemson (Sept. 9)

This is a big second week matchup for both programs which will likely shape whether they will be playoff worthy or not. Clemson’s first real test is at home against a new look Auburn Tigers program led by transfer Quarterback Jared Stidham from Baylor, who has so far impressed.

1. No.18 Miami at No.3 Florida State (Sept.16)

Malik Rosier will be taking over the starting quarterback position for Miami since Kaaya’s departure and if he is able to upset the Seminoles on the road it could be the upset of the season. Florida State will not back down easily a stellar defense, with star Derwin James returning from a major knee injury. It should be a good one down in Tallahassee.

1. No.5 Clemson at No.16 Louisville (Sept.16)

With the current Heisman winner Lamar Jackson returning for his junior season and hoping to get revenge on the team that kept the Cardinals out of the ACC Championship and arguably the playoffs this should be a fierce fight. Without Deshaun Watson the Clemson offense will be faced with many questions.

1. No.7 Oklahoma vs No.23 Texas (Oct. 14)

Can Tom Herman come in his first season and defeat the Sooners in the Red River Rivalry? This is his first major test, especially in the eyes of Longhorn nation. This game could be a passing of the torch for the coming years of the dominant team in the Big 12. Baker Mayfield will be in his way though.

1. No.7 Oklahoma at No.2 Ohio State (Sept. 9)

This matchup has two potential playoff teams early in the year. This should be a blast. J.T. Barrett vs Baker Mayfield round two after the Buckeyes trampled the Sooners last year in Norman.

1. No.2 Ohio State at No.11 Michigan (Nov. 25)

After the hyped up game from last season this one should not disappoint. This game could be a huge factor in Jim Harbaugh’s Michigan coaching career and whether Ohio State makes it into the playoff. Also being the last game of the regular season it could play a big part in Barrett’s heisman candidacy.

1. No.1 Alabama at No.12 Auburn (Nov. 25)

The Iron Bowl is always a big matchup and arguably the best rivalry in college football today. With the Tide rolling into Auburn, the Tigers look to once again upset the Tide under new Quarterback Jared Stidham, but Alabama’s defense will prove to be a huge roadblock for Auburn and their chances of being in Atlanta the week after, which Bama are currently the favorites for.

1. No.3 Florida State at No.5 Clemson (Nov. 11)

The winner of this game will likely play in Charlotte for the conference championship and move onto the playoffs. This game is even more important for Florida State than the opener versus Alabama is. Will Deondre Francois be able to go into Clemson and stay cool and collected?

1. No.1 Alabama vs No.3 Florida State (Sept. 2 in Atlanta)

This is the biggest game of the season because two of the best college football powerhouses of all-time will be butting heads for the number one spot in the rankings. These two have some of the best offenses and defenses in the nation and will showcase their firepower in the Atlanta Falcons new stadium, the Mercedes-Benz Stadium. It is Deondre Francois versus Minkah Fitzpatrick. It is Jalen Hurts versus Derwin James.