How To Become An NHS Student

Photo Credit: google images

How To Become An NHS Student

The National Honor Society is currently recruiting students to become future members. The club which is sponsored by high schools all over the nation requires future members to have qualities from their four pillars: scholarship, service, leadership and character.

“We require students to have a 3.800 GPA for a scholarship, you must demonstrate leadership and character via teacher recommendations including community service” NHS administrator Amber Kimbrell said.

Current students who are eligible for the club receive a letter in the mail. For those who did not get letters information about the club can be found on TVs in the halls. Students can also speak to teacher Emily Pate, the second administrator over NHS. Requirements for the club include maintaining the 3.800 GPA, attending meetings and completing 40 hours of community service for the year.

“We provide a lot of community service at various events,” Kimbrell said.

Members of the community are known to reach out to students involved in NHS to ask them to volunteer. It is recommended that current freshman and sophomores find ways to volunteer now for an easy transition into the club by putting yourself out into the community.

“Get involved in other organizations and find some way to give up your time,” Kimbrell said.