Back to Article
Back to Article

Freshman Gets 31 On ACT

Freshman Caleb Ethridge makes a 31 on ACT test.

Freshman Gets 31 On ACT

The ACT is a test designed to gauge one’s aptitude and retainment of curriculum that has been learned throughout the academic career. It is designed to be difficult and contains questions that even seniors struggle with. So one would think that freshman would barely be able to make a 20 or higher, let alone a 31. However, that is just what freshman Caleb Ethridge did.

Ethridge was bet by his friend Eshan Pokhrel to get higher than a 27 on the ACT. Ethridge then accepted the challenge and proceeded to prepare for the test. His preparation had consisted of the freshman doing absolutely nothing to study.

“I had taken the ACT before and I think that I had learned a great deal from that. I had taken some past knowledge from taking the test before and tried to apply it to the one I just took.” Ethridge said.

Ecstatic and surprised feelings raced throughout the mind of Ethridge as he looked at his results. Ethridge still was somewhat disappointed at the score that he had accomplished. However, he stayed humble and told Pokhrel about his score. Pokhrel says that Ethridge is loyal and has always stayed respectful towards his friends.

“When we met in the second grade, I had known I had found a friend that would be nice and would treat me fairly. I try to return the loyalty he gives to me.” Pokhrel said.

Pokhrel says that even if Ethridge did get a higher score than he did, he still congratulated him and told him he could do even better. However, Pokhrel is looking to do the same thing that his friend did since he had only scored a 27 on the ACT when he had bet Ethridge to beat him.

“I am pretty sure if my friend can blow the test out of the water like he did, then I can. I still have a decent amount of room for improvement.” Pokhrel said.

One may struggle to take a test, while one may be a bit more adept in that field of learning. This can depend on how one studies or prepares for any test. In the case of Caleb Ethridge, he may be on the adept side. However, he believes that he can get a perfect score by his senior year.

“I am really hoping for at least a 33 on the test. It will definitely take preparation to do so. It just means that I have a lot of work to do.” Ethridge said.