Photo Credit: google images

Rise Of Skywalker Leaves Much To Be Desired By Fans

With anticipation for redemption, “Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker” rounded out the classic saga with a gripping and fulfilling ending. 

After the disappointment of Episode VIII, Star Wars fans were openly anxious about the saga’s finale. While it was clearly not the immediate favorite of many fans, it was more welcomed than past episodes. Overlooking minor details, the film brought the saga full circle.

Unfortunately, the film did contradict some earlier details and left some significant plot holes. For starters, how did Palpatine survive his death and how does he create a giant fleet of star destroyers. It also doesn’t make sense why he is breeding more sith clones. All of the Sith related topics within the movie make little to no sense. Where did the Sith dagger come from? Why is it just now mentioned? Why does C3PO know Sith? 

Along with the obvious holes with the Sith, there were also some major contradictions with previous films. Tie fighters are jumping to lightspeed. Poe’s backstory is incoherent and sloppy.  

Kylo Ren mysteriously reappears on the sith planet with little mention as to how he got there.  

Since the release of the film there have been debates about issues such as the relationship between Rey and Ren. Are they cousins? Are they not? From the standpoint of blood, no, they are not related.Their connection is strictly force related and not due to similar family roots. Along with this misconception, people have debated the color of Rey’s lightsaber. 

As a whole the film took on the proper Star Wars persona, however, it did not hit the mark for many fans. The plot holes were just too noticeable to overlook. I would still recommend seeing the film especially if you are not a die hard Star Wars fanatic. It is not the worst Star Wars film in the saga, and deserves some credit for redeeming the franchise.