The Oscars will announce winners on Sunday, Feb. 23.

Creative Commons

Oscar Predictions May Be Spot On

February 22, 2019

On Sunday, Feb. 24 at 5 pm, the Oscars will be announced and aired live in the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles, CA on ABC. As it typically goes with the Oscars, there are many fields for nominations and, in general, it just takes a relatively long time. In addition, with all of the nominations, it is probably best to mention and make predictions for the fields that people care for the most.

Nominations for the best picture include “Black Panther,” “BlacKkKlansman,” “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “The Favourite,” “Green Book,” “Roma,” “A Star Is Born” and “Vice”.

Nominations for best lead actor include Christian Bale for his performance in “Vice,” Bradley Cooper for his performance in “A Star Is Born,” Willem Dafoe for his performance in “At Eternity’s Gate,” Rami Malek for his performance in “Bohemian Rhapsody” and Viggo Mortensen for his performance in “Green Book.”

Nominations for best lead actress include Yalitza Aparicio for her performance in “Roma,” Glenn Close for her performance in “The Wife,” Olivia Colman for her performance in “The Favourite,” Lady Gaga for her performance in “A Star Is Born,” and Melissa McCarthy for her performance “Can You Ever Forgive Me?”

Nominations for best director include Spike Lee for “BlacKkKlansman,” Paweł Pawlikowski for “Cold War,” Yorgos Lanthimos for “The Favourite,” Alfonso Cuarón for “Roma,” Adam McKay for “Vice”.

Nominations for best animated feature include “Incredibles 2” by Brad Bird, “Isle of Dogs” by Wes Anderson, “Mirai” by Mamoru Hosoda, “Ralph Breaks the Internet” by Rich Moore, and Phil Johnston and “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” by Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey and Rodney Rothman.

As it goes, there are predictions for who and what will win, and the same will apply here. So, here are the predictions for the biggest nominations in the Oscars:

• Best Picture: Either “Roma” or “Green Book”.
  • Best Lead Actor: Rami Malek (“Bohemian Rhapsody”)
  • Best Lead Actress: Glenn Close (“The Wife”)
  • Best Director: Alfonso Cuaron (“Roma”)
  • Best Animated Feature: Either “Incredibles 2” or “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.”