Other stories filed under A&E
5 Ways To Get In Volunteer Hours
January 11, 2018
For most living throughout the city of Huntsville, days end with eating a warm meal and falling asleep in their bed. Cars and a house are not considered a luxury—they are just something to have. But not all people live this life of leisure. Some throughout the area not only struggle to find a place to sleep, but do not have the means to eat or provide for their family. These people are left to sleep outside, enduring whatever elements Mother Nature brings that night. Others in the area struggle to find jobs, not being able to take on tasks that come easy to most. There is definite need in the Huntsville area, and below are five different organizations anyone could volunteer at to bring about change to lives around them.
- On Feb 9, 2018 Still Serving Veterans are replacing an old floor that is in shambles. They just need a view volunteers to help rip up and replaces the worn-out floor. If you would like to help your community, here is an easy way to lend a helping hand.
- Every Child has a Story is accepting new volunteers. This is an organization designed to help children, women and young adults with their struggles and strengths. They also try to bring out the creativity out of someone. Give it a try!
- Do you love animals? If so, A New Leash on Life is a non-profit organization that strives to save cats, dogs or any stray animals from abuse. Other than abuse, keeping them from being euthanized. They run charities to help raise money for food, vet bills and try to find homes for all the rescued animals. Their ultimate goal is to make Alabama a no-kill state.
- The Manna House provides food Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. for those you are not fortunate enough to afford it. It is purchased from local stores or is donated by others in their community.
- Merrimack Hall is a non-profit organization that provides arts and entertainment for children and adults with mental disabilities. It is a year round volunteer center that is a heart warming experience.