Sparkman pacified by losing streak

By Dominique Satterwhite, Reporter

Madison Stadium turned from a peaceful sporting arena into a battleground against our rival, Bob Jones.

Stands were packed with fans and students waiting to see the outcome of such an anticipated game. Even the support from the school and student section could not lessen the blow of losing 50-3.  Bob Jones offense seemed to always find an open area to rush yards and gain points.

In the beginning things were looking good for us, especially with winning the coin toss and receiving the ball first. Offense seemed to be lacking, but did have one bright spot. Miller Matzek gained the only three points of the game with a field goal.

The game seemed to be going well in the end of the first quarter with Bob Jones only leading by three points. Half time was another story. Bob Jones recovered two more touch downs and a field goal ending half time with a score of 21-3.

In the third quarter defense tried to come back and stop Bob Jones from gaining more yards but fell short when they received two touchdowns made by their dominating offense. The end of third quarter was not looking at all in our favor, with a score of, 47-3.

Bob Jones did not seem to be slowing down any time soon with a 45-yard field goal that gained them another three points, ending the game.

The team played their hearts out against their heavy hitting opponents, but just could not find that scoring streak.