Four reasons to attend the band’s indoor show

Four reasons to attend the bands indoor show

By Katie Liggin, Reporter

The Sparkman Indoor Percussion and Colorguard will be hosting their annual dinner show next Tuesday on April 7. After having a lack of funds to host one last school year, the whole band community is excited to being it back for the 2015 season. Perhaps you want to support the groups but you are on the fence with attending. If you are, the Crimson Crier had come up with our top 5 reasons to attend the dinner and a show next Tuesday night.

1. Food and Entertainment
Let us get this out of the way. We are talking food. A nice teriyaki chicken dinner along with three performances is not just something you can pass up. Who does not like food and entertainment? And at the same time? Bonus! On the entertainment side, you will not just be watching high schoolers. You will be watching mature performers who compete and win against some the best groups in the nation. The dinner and a show might be your last chance to see a performance that is executed on a world level

2. Low Cost
Perhaps you are thinking that 10 dollars is a lot for a high school production but before you rule out the show, take in consideration these following points. (1) You don not have to worry about traveling to watch -not one but three- performances. (2) At the competitions you could attend you will be spending at least $15 for just one show- let alone two other performances. (2) There will be a full dinner provided for you, unlike concession prices which will charge you $5 just for a tiny plate of fries. Pricey!

3. Silent Auction
Not only can you get entertainment and food but you also could walk home with a new guitar, a book, or even a embroidered tote bag. And if you are not interested in buying, you can donate! Find a Sparkman percussion member and ask them about donating for the auction. Make sure you do it before the weekend because all donations need to be a few days before the dinner and a show.

4. A Good Night Out
Setting aside factors like money and time, a hometown performance always makes up a great night out with the family. While also supporting the school, you will also be cheering on students who put their heart and soul into a performance. Indoor percussion and colorguard is like a combination of marching band a theater. So much talent is executed in just a few minutes, making it thrilling for you and the whole family.

So, there you have it.

If you are sure that you will going to the dinner and a show, all you have to do is find a Sparkman Percussion or Colorguard member to purchase a ticket. In the event you can not afford the tickets, you are welcome to skip the food and stay for the performance. The Sparkman Indoor members greatly appreciate and thank you for your support in their endeavors.